On the social media platform Instagram, users can not only post likes, but also comments. For a certain reason, however, you don't want to allow comments for some pictures or videos because they go in the offensive direction, for example. Is this the case for you as well? We show you how to turn off this feature.
How to disable comments for Instagram posts
- Open the Instagram app as usual and select the "+ symbol" to add a new post.
- After you have taken a photo or video, you can still make visual changes such as brightness or filters. Then you select "Next".
- In the next step, you select the entry "Advanced settings" at the bottom.
- Now you activate the first switch behind "Disable comments" to turn off the function. To get back, click on the arrow in the upper left corner.
- Now you can share the post as usual, the comment function is deactivated!
How to disable comments for already published posts
- Go to your profile page in the Instagram app and select the post where you want to disable comments.
- On the post page you now select the three small dots, which are located at the top right.
- In the settings menu you now press the lowest entry "Disable comments". The function is now disabled.
- To re-enable comments, you proceed in the same way.