On Instagram there are a lot of interesting posts on various topics. Depending on which pages you follow, you will regularly receive suitable pictures and videos. The search function also shows posts that are based on your search behavior and the pages you follow. To keep track of your favorite posts and find them quickly, you can save them in just a few steps and even store them in individual collections. In this post, we'll show you how it works.
How to save your favorite posts and create collections on Instagram
- If you like a picture or video that you want to save, simply click on the save icon at the bottom right. The post has now been added to the menu "Saved".
- To find all previously saved postings again, you first go to your profile page (small icon at the bottom right).
- Now click on the three dashes or dots at the top right to open the menu.
- Followed by clicking in the menu on the entry Saved. Now you see all the posts that you have saved so far.
And now we create collections in which the posts are sorted
Here you have the option to create a collection directly when saving a post, or to do this later.
- Click on the save icon to save a post.
- Directly after that, the Instagram app shows you a small bar above the save icon. In it, you'll see the option to "Save to Collection." Press this button.
- In the menu "Save in" you now have the option to create a collection. Press the plus symbol in the upper right corner.
- Now you can enter any name for the collection, for example "Cars". Now press "Done" to store the saved image in the new collection.
- The saved post will now be displayed in the "Saved" menu.
- Have you only saved posts so far, but not created collections? Then press the plus icon in the top right corner of the "Saved" menu to create a collection.
- After you have entered the name of the new collection, press "Next".
- Now Instagram shows you all the posts you have saved so far. Here you can mark all the posts that should be stored in the new collection (Just press the respective thumbnails once).
- Once you have made your selection, click on the blue tick in the upper right corner (in the Apple iOS app it is "Done"). The new collection is now available.
- If you are in a collection, you can also edit it as desired. Press the three dots in the upper right corner and select "Edit collection". Now you have the option to change the title image and name, or to delete a collection.